Cool new FLUICS CONNECT features have arrived for the mobile and web app!
Here is what’s new
- Simultaneously work from different devices
- Share item and location information (more to come…)
- Scan labels with barcode scanner (web app)
- Search results fixed
💡Make sure you have the latest app version installed: Android 4.41; iOS 4.43; Web 4.45
Simultaneously work from different devices
You use FLUICS CONNECT on the computer in your office and with a smartphone in the lab?
Log in and edit to the same Workspace from different devices and don’t loose any information on the way!
Share item and location information (more to come…)
Welcome to the new aera of working with multi-platform support. FLUICS CONNECT is an excellent tool to label and track stuff in you lab, but maybe you also want to document wich samples you used in a specific experiment or share specific items with your colleagues?
Now you can directly share and and make item information accessible to any of your applications.
Open an item and tap on the “Share” icon to copy a link to your clipboard. Paste the link in the application you want (Electronic Lab Notebook ELN, Word, Excel, WhatsApp, Signal, Telegram,…) to directly access the FLUICS CONNECT item entry.
It’s the easiest way to document what reagents you used in which experiment or share information with your colleagues!
💡Good to know:
- Only people who have access to your workspace will see the item or location information.
Scan labels with external barcode scanner (web app)
Scan FLUICS CONNECT barcodes with any 2D handheld or wireless barcode scanner to view and edit item details from a computer.
How it works:
- Connect barcode scanner to your computer with a USB cable or via bluetooth.
- Make sure you are logged in to app.fluics.com on your browser.
- Open a new tab with the curser blinking in the URL input field.
- Scan your sample.
- That’s it! See and edit all item information of your sample.
💡Good to know:
- The QR code of every FLUICS CONNECT label is a combination of two parts. A hyperlink prefix followed by a unique alphanumeric label ID e.g. fcs.re/?iuYjf
- The QR information is not encrypted and can be read by any handheld barcode scanner or in-built scanner in a robot that can read 2D barcodes.
- Make sure the language settings of the scanner and the operating system are correct to avoid any misspelling like “fcs.re-_iuZjf” instead of “fcs.re/?iuYjf”
Search results fixed
A bug was fixed which would not list the correct result when searching for values of item properties.
Thank you, Jonas for reporting!
Last, but not least…
Thank you for your bug reports and feedback! Let us know if you enjoy the new features or if you request other new features to make your life in the lab more fun.
We will listen to you. Promised!